Katie approaches her attorney coaching business with sound, practical advice, great listening skills, a broad knowledge of the legal industry, and solid ideas about career transitions and navigating legal workplaces.
With over 25 years of experience in the legal industry -- Katie has the inside scoop on the legal market and working with attorneys.
- Career Transition Advice
- Creating a Practical Career Plan
- Interview Preparation and Practice
- The Job Search Packet – Resume, Cover Letter, Application Materials
- Management and Time Management Coaching
- Building your Professional Network for Career Success
- Transition to Government: A recent client worked with Katie on re-directing his career. He was at a major law firm, but wanted to make a move to in-house work, or government, or starting his own business. After much soul searching, and many job applications, he got a great job with the Maryland State government.
- Outplacement Client: A law firm hired Katie to work with an associate who had been asked to leave. After working on his interview skills and helping him become more self-aware, the associate got a job at another firm in his field.
- Multiple Coaching Assignments for Attorneys at an Association: Assignments included working with an attorney on time management skills; counseling an attorney on business management and interpersonal skills; and providing outplacement services.
In addition to her consulting business, Katie is Director of Employer Outreach at George Washington University Law School. Previous posts include Chief Attorney Recruiting Officer at Akin Gump and Director of Attorney Recruiting and Professional Development at Dickstein Shapiro. She has two great kids who are married and continue to bring joy into her life. She makes necklaces, enjoys traveling, and spending time with good friends.